This week’s installment of Ear Conditioning, named after the contribution of Creation Rebel. Razor-wire guitar, pounding dub and a moving b-line.
Also lined up, a new cumbia thing from La Vagancia, that DJ/Rupture pointed me to.
Like many, we’ve been sucked into the sphere of that Stones Throw – Brainfeeder hip hop, and the influence is evident on the productions of Yoggyone. Coming out of France, Mr. Yoggy1 doesn’t dissapoint.
I’m trying to get Famille Bou Bess (who I’m currently working with) to ween on some hip hop other than the obvious stuff like Tupac, Fiddy Pence, Dr. Dre. Hearin’ Aid will do just nicely – offkey alternative shit.
Ear Conditioning / Chemical Specialist Program 12.05.09
- The Roots + Lata Mageshkar / In The Music
- La Vagancia / Title Unknown
- Los de Abajo / Actitud Calle
- Moondog / Oo Debut
- Hearin’ Aid / Title Unknown
- Au Revoir Simone / Shadows – It’s A Fine Line Remix
- Creation Rebel / Chemical Specialist
- Chris Rock / Obama
- Yoggyone / Rhodes Interlude
- King Midas Sound / Ting Dub
- De La Soul / Stakes is High
- Major Lazor / Hold The Line – Poirier Remix
- Princes du Kuduru / Mwangole
- Yoggyone / Harder and Harder featuring Kissey Asplund
- King L Man / Huh….what?
- El-P / Exceprts from We Are All Going To Burn In Hell MeggaMixx2
- Dr. Who Dat / Viberian Twilight (Lex Records)
- The Rootsman vs. Muslimgauze / Damascus
- Kode 9 & The Spaceape / Nine
Jueves / Thursday: Planet Radio 23h00 GMT
Update: Just got wind of a remix by Jneiro Jarel (aka Dr. Who Dat?) for TV on the Radio. It’s here